Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dh0145tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New laptop just purchased. All updates installed.

When trying to open the 3D Connexion viewer for the 3D mouse a OpenGL warning comes up and the viewer fails to open.

Also when opening Fusion 360 3D modeling software a warning shows sometimes suggesting the graphics are not up to date.

Previously run these programs on a 7 year MacBook Pro in Windows 10 in Bootcamp (duel boot) and I've never seen these issues before.

Also when selecting the NVIDA control in programs a message comes up a NVIDA graphics card was not detected.

Any help with solving these issues appreciated.Screenshot 2020-10-13 001021.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@gtext Does similar errors or any issues occur on other applications installed on the device? if not, the issue with the software and I recommend you contact the software manufacturer, in fact to help you out, here's a link that may be useful: click here

If the issue occurs on other applications, please provide more details on each errors so we can help, accordingly.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Managed to fix the issue myself. Caused by the complete failure of Windows to identify that the NVIDA display adaptor existed on the laptop on the initial Windows install. Solved by doing a new Windows install which identified the NVIDA hardware and installed properly the second time. Something oviously faulty with the initial install.

Please treat this as a defect which others are sure to have given that this was a new laptop just taken out of the box for the first time. Not a great first impression that I had to fix myself.

The prograns I was using run on other Windows 10 machines so I doubted the were the issue.

HP Recommended

@gtext 

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.