Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 850 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My old and trusty 850 G1 shipped with a WWAN adapter. It has always been working well, and I really appreciate having it on 4G. 

Now the WWAN adapter has failed. What should I do to bring it back alive?

Recently, I got the 703 error from BIOS during startup (see details below). This happened after a Win10 update, but I don't know if that's what's caused it. There were no hardware changes when it stopped working, no lightning strikes etc.

I tried re-installing Windows 10 drivers, updating the Bios to version 1.49, unplugging the WWAN adapter, reboot, power cycle, plug adapter back in etc. Nothing change in the error message. The WWAN adapter is still disabled by BIOS and invisible by Windows.

Thanks for any help!

Børge

The WWAN adapter front reads:

Model: ME906E

SPS# 704031 - 001 IMEI

ASSY# 702199 - 002

P/N51070ELG

CT:DGUGF01FG6W0TJ

[personal information removed]

IMEI:<available on request>

WWAN Date Code: CS14A5

Rev: 1.00 SPS 704031-001

WWAN 2014/10/18

The back side reads:

CE0682

FCC ID:QISME906E

KCC-CRM-HUW-ME906E

N14039

The BIOS error message reads:

Wireless Module not supported

The system ahs detected that a Wireless module installed in the system is not supported and disabled it. 

WWAN Module ID (703)

Enter - Continue Startup

For more information, please visit: www.hp.com/go/techsenter/startup

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I'm in the process of buying my next laptop. It will be an HP or a Lenovo. 

To keep matters simple, I will let the response of this request be the sole determinator of which brand to buy 🙂

Børge

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.