Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp stream 14" tablet 14-cb183nr
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

After powering up this pc I followed all steps to get to the wi-fi network that I have chosen ,  selected it and clicked on connect, but nothing happened after that . Consequently, i can't access the internet. Please advise. fyi: i am an old guy who doesn't know computers very well, so, please be patient with me . I'm trying my best , but need some help here.

Thanks, T-bone3

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@T-BONE4

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please reinstall the wireless driver from Device Manager

- Select the Start  button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
- Look for Network Adapters and expand the List
- Look for wireless driver then right-click it, and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the wireless driver and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP. 

ACTUALLY, AFTER I WROTE TO YOU AND WAS WAITING FOR YOUR RESPONSE I FIGURED OUT HOW TO GET IT TO WORK FOR ME, BUT YOUR ADVICE WILL BE HELPFUL FOR OTHERS , I'M SURE..

YOUR EFFORT AND TIME SPENT ON THIS IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.  

HP Recommended

@T-BONE4

I'm glad you got this sorted out

Drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.