01-24-2020 10:47 AM
I have several computers with Intel and Amd processors with the same problem. When I run troubleshooting from the wireless icon I get this message " Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings" I get this error at home and at my cottage. Each uses a different provider one is frontier the other is infinity also tried comcast. I get this error on three different computers intel i5 , i7 and AMD A12. This error is also on this 10 day old HP 15t computer. I can go into window all settings and pick networking and internet and try to turn on the detect proxy automatically and will not allow me turn on this setting. Will not save it. This happens on three different computers. This mean three different provider and three different routers. Thinking a window 10 problem. Any one have a solution to this problem
01-28-2020 08:45 AM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Let’s try these steps:
Step 1: Reboot Your Computer and Router
Before you launch into advanced troubleshooting, let’s restart your computer and the router. If the issue persists, let’s continue to the next steps.
Step 2: I suggest you to check whether a proxy server is disabled or not.
1. Click on Search bar.
2. Type "Internet Options" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.
3. Then click on Connections tab and click on LAN settings.
4. Remove tick mark to Use proxy server and also make sure to check mark on Automatically detect settings under Automatic Configuration.
Step 3: Roll Back Wireless Driver
- Press Windows +X to open the menu, and choose Device Manager on it.
- In device manager, expand category “Network Adapters”.
- Under this category, right click on your Wireless driver and choose Properties
- Select the Driver tab.
- Select the Roll Back Driver button.
- Select the Yes button to the "Are you sure you would like to roll back to the previously installed driver software?
- The previously installed driver will now be restored.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
01-28-2020 12:08 PM
Sorry this might work using windows 7 or older but this is a internet explore version and windows 10 explorer(edge) will not accept the suggestion as you posted, I attempted to try is any way but it will not allow me to select the ok and it will not save the setting. As I stated windows 10 under internet and networking the proxy on off will not turn on and won't allow me to save it.
01-28-2020 03:48 PM