Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Just purchased a pavilion Wireless Keyboard 600 and cannot find the way to reverse how fn key works. What I want is to hold down fn key when wanting to (for instance) lower the music volume but I cannot find the way.

I have read some people had the same issue and that a direct message from HP was sent to them in order to resolve the issue. Was there any fix to the issue yet? What can I do about that?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@octavianolteanu This can often be toggled with an “Fn Lock” key, which functions like a Caps Lock key. Toggle the Fn Lock on and the keys will function as if you’re holding down the Fn key all the time, just as the Caps Lock key makes your letter keys function as if you’re holding down the Shift key all the time.

Depending on your keyboard, you may actually have a dedicated “Fn Lock” key. If you don’t, you may have to press the Fn key and then press an “Fn Lock” key to activate it. For example, on a few keyboards the Fn Lock key appears as a secondary action on the Esc key. To enable it, we’d hold Fn and press the Esc key. To disable it, we’d hold Fn and press Esc again. It functions as a toggle just like Caps Lock does.

Perhaps, you can send a picture of your keyboard, or simply click here to confirm if this is your keyboard, also the lock on this particular keyboard is on the far right corner, this with the Fn (function) key should do the trick.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried and doesn't work. 

For the moment i've installed Autohotkey and made a script to inverse the f keys with multimedia

HP Recommended

@octavianolteanu That's a good workaround, although, as requested earlier, I'll need the picture of your keyboard, if not, you could click on the link at the bottom of my post and confirm if that's the keyboard design you have, so we can work on a solution.

Keep me posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.