Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 Convertable 15
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi,

I just received a Pavilion x360 with Windows 11. I have an iPhone Xs with AT&T unlimited plan.

I can hook the laptop to the home WIFI with no problem.

In my campervan, I can hook my Roku to my iPhone Xs using the Persional Hotspot on the iPhone, and watch Youtube.

So it seems all Hardware is working and I have the right permissions.

However I can't get the laptop to see the iPhone.

When I go to "Show available networks", its not there.

I have tried in my house, in my driveway, and on top of a hill with only iPhone and 30G BW.

I don't think its Encryption, because the laptop never sees the iPhone.

Since it works witht the Roku, I'm wondering what the Laptop is doing different.

I'm thinking the Receiver in the laptop is too weak to pick up the iPhone signal.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Tim W.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Check to see what wifi band you are using on the iPhone - some HP notebooks only come with a 2.4 ghz band wifi radio.

If using the 5.0 ghz band, try switching to 2.4.  See if the PC finds it.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

That is a good suggestion, but I can't find a way to force the band on my iPhone Xs.

Some additional information:

If I connect my iPhone to my home WiFi, and turn on personal hotspot, then the HP laptop sees both home WIFi and hotspot.

I can connect to the hotspot.  As soon as I connect, it shows the iPhone shows its connected to Cellular , not Wifi as it was before the laptop connected to the hotspot.

If I then disconnect my iPhone from the home WiFi, and go just Cellular, the HP Laptop looses the  hotspot and only sees the home WiFi. However this is the configuration I use with the RoKu.

Any more ideas?

HP Recommended

{RESOLVED] It turns out that it takes > 30 seconds for the laptop to "see" the wireless hotspot.

I was just too impatient. Everything appears to be working now. 

NOTE: I did find the settings on the laptop for wireless bands and it does support both bands.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.