Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
iOS

my printer used to be connected to my house WiFi but now I’ve moved to my college dorms. I need help setting my printer up to my phone to print of of it instead of the school WiFi if possible. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@NR15- 

Welcome to the HP User Community.

Congratulations!  Big year ahead at college!

The Wi-Fi Direct and other connection options are explained in your Printer's user manual.

Wi-Fi Direct is a "no network" wireless connection between your printer and your device (phone / computer).

Wi-Fi Direct does not connect the printer to the network / Internet -- it does support general scan and print actions.

Use this guide:

HP Printers - Printing with Wi-Fi Direct

and

Wireless printing center  > Printer Setup > Wi-Fi Direct

and possibly

Wireless Printing Center > Common Questions > Wireless Connection Issues

and - if the printer is complaining of having lost its (previous) network

Windows and MacOS - Start here – Solutions presented in the order to be completed:

HP printer is offline or not responding

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), Supplies, and more

Open

Product Home

Enter the device type and model name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.