Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same problem. hp spectre x360. After Windows 11 upgrade intel wifi and bluetooth not working

Is there a work around short of throwing away a pricey laptop?

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem. Updated to 11, AX201 card (soldered on mother board) is dead. Reverted to 10, still dead. Tried 9 different drivers, dead on all.  Tried to contact HP about it, but I have had no luck at all. One month after end of warranty on lightly used laptop.  I see many  are having mother boards replaced, but this is  not really a  hardware issue. HP, we have all paid you top dollar for high-end laptops. Can you please solve this issue? 

Diagnostics show IRQ error. Notably, DEV  Manager shows a fault on the Intel wifi 6 ax201, but ALSO shows a fault on an unidentifiable usb (nothing connected to USB on my machine) with "device descriptor request failed". Is the intel adapter on the mother board somehow treated as a USB device. Neither of these errors were present in the past. reverting to Windows 10, no difference, using old restore point no difference.  It seems like this is some sort of firmware issue that results in the wireless/bluetooth adapter not starting.  HELP!! 

HP Recommended

Installing the latest driver or any older driver or the intel driver, or whatever driver you can find anywhere, does NOT fix this issue.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. un-installed the driver and downloaded a new from intel website. it's a x360 laptop, how do you replace the wifi card?

how do we solve this issue?

HP Recommended

If you have a newer x360, you can't replace the wifi card without replacing the entire motherboard. HP has screwed us royally with this change. I bought a USB wireless adaptor so I can use this laptop until the new one I ordered arrives, but neither I nor anyone in my company will buy an HP ever again unless this is fixed asap. Ridiculous that a WINDOWS update kills the wifi adaptor and neither Intel, Microsoft, or HP can fix the issue.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issues.  I also reset the laptop clean, downgraded back to windows 10 after windows 11 bricked the wifi/bluetooth.  Windows 10 is still having the same issues now that didn't have before the upgrade to 11.  I have 5 HP Spectre X360 convertible laptops, 4 upgraded successfully without any issues.  Only one has a bricked Intel Wi-Fi AX201 adapter.  

My specs with the issue:

Intel Core i7-10750H

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti with Max-Q Design

The others that upgrade successfully

Intel Core i7-10510U

NVIDIA GeForce MX330

I'm also past the warranty period so I have a useless laptop.  Useless since pretty much everything required internet. 

HP Recommended

My specs with the same failure as exactly the same as yours, 10750 I7 and GeForce 1650 Ti with Max-Q. I also did the 11 upgrade, the adaptor died, went back to 10, still dead, tried 9 drivers, all dead, queried HP, INTEL, MSFT, nobody cares. Out of warranty by a few weeks when this happened.

HP Recommended

what is the support phone number?  I can't find it online bc my laptop is out of warranty and it makes me buy a subscription for support.  This is crazy!

HP Recommended

HP has no support if you are out of warranty. This community forum is it.

HP Recommended

Seriously?  I literally have 10 HP laptops/all in one desktops.  This will be my last HP computer I'll ever buy.  This is ridiculous.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.