Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion au111tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently i had installed ubuntu 16.04 on my notebook alongside preinstalled windows 10 OS. The problem is that wifi and bluetooth is not supported or not apperaring in ubuntu OS whereas its working fine in Windows. I tried searching for solution on internet but nothing worked. I am unable to figure  out the problem,is it with hardware drivers or something else. Please help me out,suggest some solution...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This is the Service Manual:

Manual

See p. 17. This is the wireless module:

WLAN 11AC INT 3165 M.2 MOW 806723-005

This is wireless and bluetooth. 

This post on the Ubuntu forum explains some things you can try:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/657774/how-to-get-my-intel-wireless-3165-to-connect-on-15-04

The problem is the firmware for the 3165 card. You have to input the suggested commands to get the kernel to add the wireless firmware. The 3165 card is supposed to "just work" in Ubuntu 16.10 or make sure your Linux kernel is 4.1 or higher and preferably 4.2 or higher. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This is the Service Manual:

Manual

See p. 17. This is the wireless module:

WLAN 11AC INT 3165 M.2 MOW 806723-005

This is wireless and bluetooth. 

This post on the Ubuntu forum explains some things you can try:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/657774/how-to-get-my-intel-wireless-3165-to-connect-on-15-04

The problem is the firmware for the 3165 card. You have to input the suggested commands to get the kernel to add the wireless firmware. The 3165 card is supposed to "just work" in Ubuntu 16.10 or make sure your Linux kernel is 4.1 or higher and preferably 4.2 or higher. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.