Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 m1 convertible PC

I turned on my laptop earlier to discover that it will not connect to the wi-fi. When I did the "troubleshoot problems", the result was "there might be a problem with the  driver for the wi-fi adapter. I tried the repairs, but still was not sorted. 

So I decided to try the hp support assistant. The result of the network diagnostics "IP NOT BOUND: there may be a problem with the driver for the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 adapter. Windows did not automatically bind the IP Protocol stack to the network adapter". What can I do here? I will appreciate some very urgent help! Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I suggest that you download the latest driver for your model wifi adapter directly from Intel.

I'm assuming W10 since you didn't list what OS you are running.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28276/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windo...

Before you install the updated driver, go to the device manager, right click on the Intel wifi adapter, select Uninstall, and check the uninstall driver box.

Restart the PC and install the new driver, and hopefully, that will resolve the problem.

HP Recommended

Dear Provost, thank you for your help.

I presume the download has to be done over the internet - now that the laptop cannot even connwct to the internet, how do i manage this? Thanks!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You are correct, and if you can't connect your PC via ethernet cable, use another PC to download the file, copy it to a USB flash drive, plug the flash drive into your PC, copy the driver file to the downloads folder in your user profile and then run it from there.

You can also run it directly from the flash drive, but it takes longer to unpack the file that way.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.