Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 11t-k100 CT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Pavilion x360 - 11t-k100 CTO (ENERGY STAR) Model #: L8T22AAR with a Realtek RE8723BE wireless card. This card is supposed to be b/g/n.
When I look under advanced settings it only shows:
1 "Auto"
2 "IEEE 802 b"
3 "IEEE 802 b/g"
Initially it was a dissapointment that the card was not capable of 5G, now it does not do /n either as stated in the specs. Any solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

72 MBPS indicates that it is connecting at the wireless N rate.

I have also have wireless N cards where the advanced settings do not show N, just B or BG, and no auto.

Since your model card is a 1x1 card, the fastest it can connect at is 72 MBPS, so all I can tell you is that it is working correctly, and as fast as it can.

If it was a 2x2 wireless N card, it would have been able to connect at 144 MBPS on the 2.4 GHz band.

If you don't have any devices that work on wireless G, like I do, you can see if changing your router's 2.4 GHz band setting to N only, makes a difference.  But I think that card is maxed out at 72 MBPS.

Usually the default router broadcast setting is mixed.

On my router's 5.0 GHz band setting, I do have that set to N only.

I have some wireless A/G cards, but they can work on the 2.4 GHz band, so that is where I connect them to, since the max for A or G is 54 MBPS, it makes no difference where I connect those notebooks to.

But having the 5.0 Band set to N only, doubles the connection speed for my 2x2 cards.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Auto would be the setting.

Also go to the Network and Internet section in the control panel, click on Network and Sharing Center, click on Connections: Wireless Network Connection, and it will report the connection speed of the adapter.

It should be 72 MBPS, which is the wireless N (1x1) spec for the Realtek card your notebook has, since the fastest G can connect at is 54 MBPS.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the rapid response Paul. I was wrong in my earlier statement. Under advanced I have 3 options: /b, /g or b/g.

There is NO /auto option.  Under network connections it does show 72 Mbps though.

I wonder why the /auto or/n option is not shown anywhere.

Running netsh wlan check from command prompt does show both card and driver to be /n capable as well.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

72 MBPS indicates that it is connecting at the wireless N rate.

I have also have wireless N cards where the advanced settings do not show N, just B or BG, and no auto.

Since your model card is a 1x1 card, the fastest it can connect at is 72 MBPS, so all I can tell you is that it is working correctly, and as fast as it can.

If it was a 2x2 wireless N card, it would have been able to connect at 144 MBPS on the 2.4 GHz band.

If you don't have any devices that work on wireless G, like I do, you can see if changing your router's 2.4 GHz band setting to N only, makes a difference.  But I think that card is maxed out at 72 MBPS.

Usually the default router broadcast setting is mixed.

On my router's 5.0 GHz band setting, I do have that set to N only.

I have some wireless A/G cards, but they can work on the 2.4 GHz band, so that is where I connect them to, since the max for A or G is 54 MBPS, it makes no difference where I connect those notebooks to.

But having the 5.0 Band set to N only, doubles the connection speed for my 2x2 cards.

HP Recommended

Thank you

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.