Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

Ive just purchased an Envy notebook.  Just setting it up now.

Connecting to the internet with WiFi is fine.  However, my work doesnt have WiFi, there is no RJ45 port on my Envy.

How do I connect to the internet via a wired connection?  Is there an adaptor I need?  What type, and where to plug in?

Regards,

Rob Jarred

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @RobJarred

Thanks for the reply 🙂

You can either use a USB to ethernet convertor or a docking station. Please note that the USB to ethernet convertor is not an HP recommended accessory and hence cannot guarantee the spped and the smooth operation.

Docking station is another option that is more suitable to your office environment. But, this will be more expensive than your average converter. See http://hp.care/2n7wCLO for few docking station options.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @RobJarred - Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a great location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I see that you are setting up your new notebook and you cannot find the Ethernet port on your notebook. Most of the HP notebook does have an Ethernet port on the PC.

To assist you better, I need to know the product number of your notebook. Envy 15 has many models and I need to know the specific model number to help you with the issue. If unsure, check http://hp.care/2birAqW

Thanks, I’ll watch for your reply!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks for your fast reply.

The model is 15-aq155nr

There is no RJ45 ethernet port, but I have just seen on the HP site a type-c USB to RJ45 adaptor.  Will this work OK?

Regards,

Rob Jarred

HP Recommended

Hello, @RobJarred

Thanks for the reply 🙂

You can either use a USB to ethernet convertor or a docking station. Please note that the USB to ethernet convertor is not an HP recommended accessory and hence cannot guarantee the spped and the smooth operation.

Docking station is another option that is more suitable to your office environment. But, this will be more expensive than your average converter. See http://hp.care/2n7wCLO for few docking station options.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.