Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My in warranty device keeps randomly disconnecting from the WiFi. I've attempted to update the Network Driver multiple times, going into the control panel and unchecking the box in the Power Management tab that stated "Allow the computer to turn off the device (referring to the Network Driver) to save power". I have also ran Network diagnostics but they repeatedly come back stating that there's no issue found. I have concluded that it must be the device and not the network due to this not happening to my other laptop that connects to the same network. I've been trying every solution I have been able to find online, please help me.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello

please provide more information, such as:

1. Windows 10 versione (run winver)
  2. network card model , example:  realtek xxxx, Intel xxxxx ?
  3. driver version you are currently using

bye

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem as stated in the original post, and have had the same experience with running diagnostics. My HP laptop (Model W2M77UA#ABA) is the only computer in the house that is having this issue, and it have been occurring for several months now. My information is as follows:

1. Windows10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.778)

2. Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 Adapter

3. Driver Version 7.35.352.0

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Jeremy

HP Recommended

Hello

Windows Version: Windows 10 (64 bit) Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.778)

Network Card Model: Realtek RTL8723DE 802,11b/g/n PCle Adapter

Driver Version:  2024.0.10.209

Thank You so much for your time

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

@jwyndham 

You already have latest driver.

Broadcom stopped wireless LAN card production years ago.

Latest driver is not always the best solution.

One thing you can try is to install the previous version and see if WLAN works better.

The latest one HP has is  7.35.351

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78044.exe

bye

HP Recommended

Hello,

The Link you provided is showing Error 404, Could you please repost the link in the replies?

Thank You.

HP Recommended

I'm convinced there's no permanent solution to this outside of throwing your HP laptop in the trash. As soon as I get started on a project, the internet disconnects. Every "solution" is like a bandaid on a gushing wound. I won't be buying another HP laptop. It's not worth the hassle. Sorry but if you have something important going on, use another device. 

HP Recommended

Hello Dawn_Ricks

this is not my laptop. it's your.

bye

HP Recommended

Hello farizhan17862

this link works for me : https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78044.exe

you should see that teh borwser wanto to download a file.

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.