Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
17-by0100ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I am experiencing a problem with my Notebook. In the middle of streaming I lost the connection.
System tells me it is either a problem with the driver or the hardware of the adapter "Realtek RTL8723DE".

What I tried so far:

rebooting Win10.
Windows10 troubleshoot. Didn't help.
Device Manager - reinstalled the former driver. Didn't help.
Then tried to re-update to the latest driver. Didn't work, told me that there was a problem, that the adapter wasn't able to start (Code 10)

And now I'm at a loss. How do I find out if this is a mere driver problem or a hardware problem? According to the troubleshoot it could be both? 
And to make matters worse, for some reason the German support community seems to be offline, I only get a message that there is a problem with the certificate and I got redirected to here.
So, if someone here is kind enough to help me, please keep your answers as easy as possible since I'm not a native speaker.

Falls jemand aus Deutschland mitliest:
Mir ist urplötzlich der WLan Adapter abgerauscht. Problembehandlung sagt "Beim Adapter "Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n PCIe Adapter" sind treiber- oder hardwarebezogene Probleme aufgetreten"

Ich habe unter dem Gerätemanager den Treiber einmal auf den vorherigen zurückgesetzt, brachte aber nichts. Habe dann den aktuellen Treiber wieder installieren wollen, das wurde aber abgebrochen mit dem Hinweis, dass der Adapter nicht gestartet werden konnte (Code10).
Wie bekomme ich raus, ob das nun ein Treiber oder ein Hardwaredefekt ist?
Und was ist mit dem deutschen Communityboard passiert?

DaRi

EDIT: Opened the device manager, deinstalled the adapter, searched for new hardware, then the adapter was working for about 1min, then the problem reappeared.

Habe den Adapter einmal über den Gerätemanager deinstalliert, System erkannte die neue Hardware, aktivierte es. Daraufhin ging es für etwa 1min, danach tauchte wieder das ! Symbol auf und die Meldung, dass das Gerät nicht gestartet werden konnte.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DaRi82 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing the wireless connectivity issues. 

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please let me know it will disconnect while using the battery or adapter is connected to the laptop.

In that case please reinstall the Realtek wireless drivers and check for the issue.

Please click the below link to download the driver.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp95501-96000/sp95797.exe

Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.