11-14-2016 08:09 PM
After a recent upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro on my Pavilion DV7 (Intel Core I5) the wifi has become intermittent. It will randomly lose wifi connection. When you go to check, the only thing noted is the "Airplane Mode" icon. When checking further it notes "no wireless device detected". I have a Realtek RTL8188CE 802.11 bgn WiFi Adapter. Updates for the driver are no longer supported and the newest one that I can find does not list Windows 10.
My question is the there another alternative wireless adapter that is recommended for this laptop configuration that does support a Windows 10 driver?
11-16-2016 07:45 AM
Hi! @Benelli1, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!
I understand that wireless card on your laptop works intermittently after upgrading to windows 10.
Please uninstall the wireless driver from your laptop and install the latest version of the wireless driver from the link below.
Note: Before uninstalling the driver from your laptop, download the wireless driver.
Link to download the wireless driver: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71571.exe
Let me know if this works!
Have a wonderful day!
I am an HP Employee
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)