Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook 15p204tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have been facing an issue with my Realtek RTL8723BE WiFi  adapter for over a month. After using it for a while, I am unable to connect to the internet. The status of the connection says 'No Internet Access'. After running the Troubleshooter, it says 'One or more network protocols are missing on this computer'. This issue doesn't rectify itself unless i restart the device.

To fix this, I have updated the device driver software to version 2023.23.1030.2015 and even after the update, the issue seems to persist. The only way I'm able to connect to the internet is using the Ethernet cable.

I have tried several methods given on the internet to recify the issue and nothing seems to work. I have tried running the

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

command after fixing the Registry as shown in the video https://youtu.be/G3DpeeXLSDM but it didn't work. I also followed all the instruction in the video https://youtu.be/HJyBaP3AC74 and the issue still persists.

Now when i run the Troubleshoot software, it says it couldn't indentify the problem. Now I'm totally unable to use WiFi on my Laptop. I would appreciate if you guys could help me out!

Thanks in Advance!

Adithya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI @adithya-n,

Thank you for the requested information.

Here is a link to the HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p204tx Software and Drivers,. Please select Windows 10 and click update to display a list of the recommended drivers.  You could also run the HP Support Assistant  to help with getting and HP updates.   If you are still unable to access the Internet, I would do a clean install of Windows 10.  How to Clean Install Windows 10 (from tenforums.com)

Please let me know if this helps.

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @adithya-n,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂

You have made a fantastic choice to join the HP Forum community. It is a grand site to find suggestions, tips and solutions that have worked for others. For you to get the most from this experience, here is a link to First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

It is very important when posting to provide your specific model of HP notebook.  When I tried to search with 15-p204 I did not get any results.  Please verify your model.

I understand that you are having a difficulty connecting to the Internet. You have tried other solutions that you found on the web, but to no avail.

Here is a link to HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10) to assist you.   Another one that may also help is  How To Troubleshoot Internet Connection Problems (from How-To Geek).

If the issue remains, I suggest you do a clean install of Windows 10, as that has helped resolve issues for others.  How to Clean Install Windows 10 (from tenforums.com).

Please let me know the outcome.

Please click the "Accept as Solution" if you feel this post has helped you, or could help others. You can say thanks easily by clicking the "Thumbs Up" below!   :robotvery-happy:

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply! :generic: The exact model number is HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p204tx. 

HP Recommended

HI @adithya-n,

Thank you for the requested information.

Here is a link to the HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p204tx Software and Drivers,. Please select Windows 10 and click update to display a list of the recommended drivers.  You could also run the HP Support Assistant  to help with getting and HP updates.   If you are still unable to access the Internet, I would do a clean install of Windows 10.  How to Clean Install Windows 10 (from tenforums.com)

Please let me know if this helps.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I have the same problem my HP product has gone back to HP and they replaced the wifi card, but there is no resolution to the problem I am gonna call them tomorrow to send the item back again. The Realtek card is the probelm. HP wont acknowlede this when other manufactures havd realised that Realtek card is the issue and Lenovo and certain others have acknolweded this! It seems that HP dont want to.Probably bought them cheap as chiips and bunged them in a load of products and then, let them eat cake is the response!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.