Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 - 14m-dh0001dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have the temperamental Realtek RTL8821CE in my laptop. I bought this laptop less than a year ago. As soon as I purchased the device, I had an NVME installed, and cloned from my old SSD. The Bluetooth never worked quite right. Yesterday, I decided to try and install the original SSD that didn't have the 1903 update and the wireless card worked perfectly. I decided to update the original SSD and OS to check if the Windows 1903 update was the  problem. After the Windows 10 1903 update the Bluetooth does not work. This is clear evidence that the 1903 update is the problem and HP has done nothing to fix the problem. I have done all the recommended procedures on the interwebs to try and fix the issue. I have updated all drivers. I have uninstalled all the drivers and reinstalled them. I have ran HP diagnostic on the wifi card. I have gone into the control panel and disabled Bluetooth and enabled again. Nothing seems to work. 

I found this article talking about the issue specifically but what they recommend doesn't work: 

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/wi-fi-and-bluetooth-not-working-after-windows-10-may-2019-updat...

Since this is a known issue, what are my options to fix the problem? Like I said before, the Bluetooth worked fine before the update and now it's dead. When is there going to be a fix from HP and Microsoft? My computer is still under warranty. I find this to be a completely unacceptable service from HP. The Realtek RTL8821CE wireless card has been a issue across multiple devices for multiple years and HP expects it's customers to pay for the repairs, and HP has not offered any comprehensive solution to it's customers. Horrible customer service. I would appreciate a solution that won't cost me more money.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@ClintBCN,

I reviewed your post and I understand that the Bluetooth is not working after upgrading to Windows 1903.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4529832/updating-to-windows-10-version-1903-on-devices-with...

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response. I have followed the directions in the link you posted and I was unable to update the drivers from the folder. Once I select documents folder and click next, I get this window: 
Drivers.png

It tells me that I already have the best drivers installed. Just to be clear, I'm already updated to the latest version of Windows and have all the latest Realtek driver updates. I'm not being blocked by any safeguards. Is there any other way to install these drivers or do you have another solution?

HP Recommended

@ClintBCN,

What is the bluetooth driver version installed on your computer?

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

drivers.jpg

All the network adapter drivers are the latest ones from the HP driver download page. I have gone through and used HP diagnostics as well. It tells me the wifi card is working normally.

HP Recommended

@ClintBCN,

Thank you for the information.

I recommend you uninstall the Bluetooth driver from the computer and then download and install the driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp98001-98500/sp98235.exe

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I appreciate your help, but unfortunately, the last solution doesn't work either. 

HP Recommended

@ClintBCN,

Uninstall the Bluetooth driver and then test with MS Native driver.

Restart to check if Bluetooth continues to work well with no issue using MS driver.

Reinstall the Bluetooth driver and check it to make sure it works.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey! Thanks for another solution. I have no idea what MS Native driver is. 

HP Recommended

@ClintBCN,

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.