08-16-2019 03:27 AM - last edited on 08-16-2019 08:22 AM by Cheron-Z
I have hp pav 15 Win 8.1 & continually losing wifi & is NO current update on wifi adapter hp ?? What is wrong with your technology for people to keep the hp working ?? Thanks for a 'real' solution for my hp.
08-18-2019 02:35 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Next step Perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
If the issue persists, run the Wireless Module test:
Use the following steps to open the Component Tests menu.
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests.
- The Component Tests menu displays.
- Wireless Module Test - This test checks that the BIOS detects the wireless module and that it is enabled.
To run the test, click the Wireless Module, and then click Run once.
- The Wireless Module Test takes 30 seconds to complete.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee