Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x365
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Problems disconnecting from WiFi. Default gateway not available. It's not the router, I don't have this issue with other devices.  Online fixes say to uninstall/reinstall driver and de select power management option but this only works for about 2 minutes and I have to do it all again. It's not a long term solution. I can't stay connected for more than a minute or so. I bought this on November it's a new windows 10 model not an update issue.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue with a recently bought Hp15s-fq1002na and it's really annoying me, how can a brand new Laptop in 2020  have these problems?

I have tried the power management settings aswell - but the issue is still there.

My Laptop disconnected from the router again about 30 minutes ago, while all my other devices are fine,  I think it's disconnecting when the Laptop is not plugged in and is working off the battery, I am testing this theory out now as we speak, so after it disconnected this morning I went in to the battery settings > change advanced power settings > wireless adapter settings > then changed the 'on battery' from 'medium power saving' to 'maximum performance' 

I really hope this solves the problem because it's a bit of a joke, I see many threads in this forum with the same issue.

Sort it out HP.

HP Recommended

Hi,

No one from HP is going to see your comments.   

The Realtek cards have been horrible from day one, and I have no idea why HP keeps using them.

I just completed a discussion with this forum member at the link below...same issue...

I did provide a link to the latest Realtek wifi driver in this discussion.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-randomly-disconnects/m-p/7523416...

I recommend that you address your concerns to the HP executive team, not other forum members that are powerless to do anything about this longstanding problem.

https://ssl.www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/connect-with-hp.html

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response, I have carried out what you advised, I will see if the update to the driver sorts the issue.

I will then message the execuctive team if it doesn't, or I'll simply return the Laptop when the store reopens over here after being shutodwn over covid-19.

Yesterday, I tried changing the battery settings to maximum on the wireless adapter settings, I experienced the same issues, I'll see if the latest driver works.

Thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.