Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Realtek WiFi adapter disconnecting

HP Recommended
Pavilion x365
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Problems disconnecting from WiFi. Default gateway not available. It's not the router, I don't have this issue with other devices.  Online fixes say to uninstall/reinstall driver and de select power management option but this only works for about 2 minutes and I have to do it all again. It's not a long term solution. I can't stay connected for more than a minute or so. I bought this on November it's a new windows 10 model not an update issue.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue with a recently bought Hp15s-fq1002na and it's really annoying me, how can a brand new Laptop in 2020  have these problems?

I have tried the power management settings aswell - but the issue is still there.

My Laptop disconnected from the router again about 30 minutes ago, while all my other devices are fine,  I think it's disconnecting when the Laptop is not plugged in and is working off the battery, I am testing this theory out now as we speak, so after it disconnected this morning I went in to the battery settings > change advanced power settings > wireless adapter settings > then changed the 'on battery' from 'medium power saving' to 'maximum performance' 

I really hope this solves the problem because it's a bit of a joke, I see many threads in this forum with the same issue.

Sort it out HP.

0 Kudos
Level 20
Level 20
118,709 108,889 17,303 26,461
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

No one from HP is going to see your comments.   

The Realtek cards have been horrible from day one, and I have no idea why HP keeps using them.

I just completed a discussion with this forum member at the link below...same issue...

I did provide a link to the latest Realtek wifi driver in this discussion.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-randomly-disconnects/m-p/7523416...

I recommend that you address your concerns to the HP executive team, not other forum members that are powerless to do anything about this longstanding problem.

https://ssl.www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/connect-with-hp.html

Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response, I have carried out what you advised, I will see if the update to the driver sorts the issue.

I will then message the execuctive team if it doesn't, or I'll simply return the Laptop when the store reopens over here after being shutodwn over covid-19.

Yesterday, I tried changing the battery settings to maximum on the wireless adapter settings, I experienced the same issues, I'll see if the latest driver works.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
118,709 108,889 17,303 26,461
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation