Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15.6 inch Laptop PC 15-d5000 (4V9Y3AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

My wifi normally works correctly, but recently after the laptop is woken up after being asleep the wifi card fails to start (code 10).

It is a Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Adaptor.

The drivers are up to date and the only solution I have found is to re-start the laptop.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks very much

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Since you didn't mention what version of the Realtek Wi-Fi driver you have installed, I checked the driver page for your notebook, and none of the drivers listed there are the latest ones.

HP 15.6 inch Laptop PC 15-d5000 Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Support

So, the only suggestion I can offer if the driver I am posting at the link below is not the one you have installed, would be to give this one a try:

2024.10.228.9   Dec 07, 2023

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp150501-151000/sp150994.exe 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.