Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15s-fq1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, all of a sudden my 5-month old HP laptop lost internet connection and now takes 10 minutes to start up. Running the Network Troubleshooter gives the error "The Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems".

Please see all the details I could think of below.

Model: HP Laptop 15s-fq1xxx

Processor: Intel(R) Core i5-1035G1 CPU

RAM: 4GB

Last update: 2020-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4549951)

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter Properties:

Device status: This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Driver version: 2024.0.10.103

I have uninstalled the adapter using the Device Manager and reinstalled the latest version of the driver. This fixed the 10-minute start-up time but not the network connection. This laptop does not have an Ethernet port so I am not able to download the latest Windows update on it. I don't know what caused the error - I was browsing the internet when all of a sudden the laptop froze and restarted on its own. After restarting, the error with the network adapter begun.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you,

Richard

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

SOLVED: Restoring the BIOS to the deafult settings has the solved the issue for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.