Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello!

I want to replace this terrible wireless card Realtek 8821ce.

An user in this forum, replaced this card with Intel Ax 200 https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Replace-RTL8821CE-802-11ac-PCIe-adapt...

I know that my pc has just one antenna and if I replace the card, I will lost the bluetooth but it isn't a problem. 

I have two questions:

- The theorical bandwitch speed using just one antenna will be the same of the realtek card 433Mbps or will be 1733Mbps?

- This card it's ok and is a non-vPro version?

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B085M7VPDP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_i_W3TR88T768WPDMJZ45M8

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to be of assistance.

.Also, the Intel AX200 will fit in your notebook's WiFi card M.2 slot. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

I would get the HP card and it is also less money...

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005.

27.65 euros direct from HP.

HP Parts Store: parti per computer HP, parti per stampanti HP e parti Compaq

You will not have Bluetooth as you mentioned, and the wifi should come close to the 1733 MBPS throughput, as long as you have a strong wifi signal.

The second antenna is for Bluetooth, and antenna diversity (better signal strength).

By the way...Realtek has released a newer driver if you haven't installed it yet...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp112501-113000/sp112619.exe

HP Recommended

Hi Paul! Thank you for your reply.

I installed the new driver and is a little bit more stable but the spyke lag is still there 😞

Could you tell me which site can I check for the next driver? (Windows Update says the .220 is the last one 😅)

Thanks for the alternative! There are a lot of cards. Which model in particular is the correct one? I didn't found it. 

In case I choose the model on Amazon is the correct one?

Thank you for your patience!!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Vincenzo.

My guess is that any Intel AX200 non-vPro card would work, but I can't guarantee it because your notebook's service manual only offers 3 Realtek wifi cards...yours, the RTL8822CE which is just as bad as the RTL8821CE, but it has twice the throughput, and the single band RTL8723DE.

Since you can buy the one in Italy direct from HP for less than the one on Amazon, I recommended that one as an option.

I found that this model's support page seems to always have the latest driver for the wifi cards.

HP Pavilion Laptop PC 15-eg0000 Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Maybe something is wrong but if i write the notebook model on the site, the latest driver is 2024.0.10.214. How it's possible?

Thank you again about the advice for Hp store, really appreciate. In case of refund (I'm not positive and lucky🤣) , I will pay the shipping return or is free? 

From the review of the card, the Ax200 is m2 key A+E. The realtek has the same "pin"?

Thank you again e sorry for the too questions!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Since I don't work for or represent HP, I have no idea what their return policy is. 

The 15-eg0000 model series I gave you has the latest WiFi driver-- 221.

HP Recommended

So this is the latest driver? https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-laptop-pc-15-eg0000/35719379/...

I will take a look for the next version, thank you

The version is 1.0.0.163 Rev.S but is the same file of the driver you linked. Where I'm wrong? Sorry Paul, I want to understand😅

HP Recommended

Yes, that is the right one.

The driver description on the website is different than the driver version the driver installs.  It should install v.221.

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul. Really appreciate your help and your patience.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to be of assistance.

.Also, the Intel AX200 will fit in your notebook's WiFi card M.2 slot. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.