Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So today was supposed to be this thing's call back to duty. I opened the back and replaced the old hard drive with an ssd. When I was closing it up, I noticed that there is a Ralink RT5390 wireless card installed on there. I thought that was weird, because I had forgotten that this laptop even had wifi in it. I've been using a usb network adapter on this for years. I reseated the card out of interest.

So I unplugged the usb adapter and all wireless options in windows instantly disappeared. Device manager showed the Ralink card as a hidden device in the "other devices" tab, tagged as "not connected to this computer". I downloaded the latest drivers (sp58515 and sp60464).

After running both windows and support assistant troubleshooters to no avail I struggled through a thousand different suggestons on forums, resetting stuff in the command prompt, updating stuff on device manager and after all nothing has happened.

The orange light on the network function key is driving me mad. Is there anything I can do? Has anyone gotten this card to work after the update to windows 10?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Lomppu,

I reviewed your post and I understand that the wireless card on your computer is not working.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the exact model and the product number of your computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you download and install the wireless driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=ralink+rt5390

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks very much for responding.

The product number of this HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC is LS708EA#UUW-

I downloaded all x64 AMD compatible win10 drivers from the link you provided. I've never installed a cab. file before, so I followed the instructions here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-a-cab-file/8b0140f8-ff43-4e5a-a34a-...

I received an error like this:

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.18362.1

Image Version: 10.0.18363.815

An error occurred trying to open - C:\Users\oskar\Downloads\20738705_c022d06f59e2c2d1d1df890e6c9f846d1834171b Error: 0x80070002
An error occurred trying to open - C:\Users\oskar\Downloads\20738705_c022d06f59e2c2d1d1df890e6c9f846d1834171b Error: 0x80070002

Error: 2

So I followed the instructions here to solve the error code:

https://www.diskgenius.com/how-to/fix-error-code-0x80070002.php

Nothing changed, and I could not install any of the files.

I appreciate your time, thank you. What can I try next?

HP Recommended

@Lomppu,

I recommend you install all the Windows updates (Including optional) and check. 

Here is how it is done.

1. Select the Start (Windows) button from the bottom-left corner.
  2. Go to settings (gear icon).
  3. Select the Update and Security icon.
  4. Choose Windows Update tab in the sidebar (Circular arrows)
  5. Select Check for updates. If there is an available update, it will begin downloading automatically.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.