Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: HP Probook 650 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought HP Probook 650 G2 core i7 laptop because of the SIM Card slot that was advertised. But when I got a MTN  4G LTE enabled SIM card and inserted it to the slot and followed the instructions, when I switched  on  the computer and waited for the windows to load completely, the SIM was not activated, after several minutes of attempt.

now I want  HP to tell us the truth about the situation. HP should publish the procedures on how to activate the SIM card and tell us the softwares required to install it. I actually bought the laptop because of the SIM card facility.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

All HP Probook 650 G2's have SIM card slots.

What 90% of them don't have is the optional but required mobile broadband wireless adapter (WWAN) that connects to the cellular service.

In order for the SIM card to work, your notebook must have one of these WWAN adapters installed.

HP lt4120 Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X5 LTE Mobile Broadband Module
HP hs3110 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband Module

You can see if your notebook has one of these two adapters present by going to the device manager, click to expand the network adapters device manager category.

There you will find the ethernet and wifi adapters listed.

This is also where you would find the WWAN adapter.

If you do not see one of the above WWAN adapters listed, the SIM card can't work without one.

Below is the link to the HP quickspecs for your notebook.

You will find the information on mobile broadband adapters listed on page 11.

See note 2.

2. Sold separately or as an optional feature.

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/c04801000.pdf?ver=8

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

All HP Probook 650 G2's have SIM card slots.

What 90% of them don't have is the optional but required mobile broadband wireless adapter (WWAN) that connects to the cellular service.

In order for the SIM card to work, your notebook must have one of these WWAN adapters installed.

HP lt4120 Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X5 LTE Mobile Broadband Module
HP hs3110 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband Module

You can see if your notebook has one of these two adapters present by going to the device manager, click to expand the network adapters device manager category.

There you will find the ethernet and wifi adapters listed.

This is also where you would find the WWAN adapter.

If you do not see one of the above WWAN adapters listed, the SIM card can't work without one.

Below is the link to the HP quickspecs for your notebook.

You will find the information on mobile broadband adapters listed on page 11.

See note 2.

2. Sold separately or as an optional feature.

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/c04801000.pdf?ver=8

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.