Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6-2006tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I use Pavilion g6-2006tx Notebook PC. I had upgraded my Operating System from Windows 7 to 10 sometime back.

Due to some issues, I performed a reset on Windows. The issue is that I lost many drivers due to this. I did recover many using Windows Update.

But I have not received driver for Bluetooth. I have searched in HP official site but am unable to find the driver for windows 10 but the only thing I found is to use windows update. I tried to check for update but it does not show me anymore updates. I am a bit hesitant to use 3rd party drivers.

Could anyone please help me find bluetooth driver.

I am able to see Bluetooth devices in Device Manager when I switch on Bluetooth but not under Network Adapters.

Device_Manager.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @PayalC,

Welcome to HP Forums!

I understand that you lost the Bluetooth driver after the system has been upgraded to Windows 10. I want to help.

There are 2 things you can try, since there is no official release of the Bluetooth driver for windows 10 of your model.

First, run the HP Support Assistant

Second, you can click the Action button on the top of Device Manager window and select scan for hardware change to let windows find a Bluetooth driver for you.

Let me know if you can use the Bluetooth function after you performed above steps.

Please click the thumbs up below to thank me for my efforts! If my post resolves the issue you are experiencing, please click "Accept as Solution" .

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @PayalC,

Welcome to HP Forums!

I understand that you lost the Bluetooth driver after the system has been upgraded to Windows 10. I want to help.

There are 2 things you can try, since there is no official release of the Bluetooth driver for windows 10 of your model.

First, run the HP Support Assistant

Second, you can click the Action button on the top of Device Manager window and select scan for hardware change to let windows find a Bluetooth driver for you.

Let me know if you can use the Bluetooth function after you performed above steps.

Please click the thumbs up below to thank me for my efforts! If my post resolves the issue you are experiencing, please click "Accept as Solution" .

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I had tried both methods that you mentioned before posting in forum. Both of them did not work.

I will try again and let you know if it works this time.

I don't know if this information matters, but i had bluetooth driver after upgrading to windows 10. It's after reset that the driver went missing.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi PaypalC,

Thank you for the reply.

Reset deletes your files, but should keep the driver came with your laptop. It might be some mistake that we are not sure.

You may check this link for reset information: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

Keep me posted of how it goes.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi SDJL,

The one that I am able to see: Ralink Motorola BC8 Bluetooth 3.0+HS Adapter under Bluetooth devices (only when I switch on bluetooth), is it not driver.

Would installing driver for Windows 8 or 7 (Win 7 being original OS that my PC had) work?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi SDJL,

Its resolved!!!

I removed the driver that was present, i.e., Ralink Motorola BC8 Bluetooth 3.0+HS Adapter. By removed I mean completely, even the s/w copy.

It automatically started showing Bluetooth Generic Adater and Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator under Bluetooth devices and Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) and Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI) under Network Adapter.

Tried pairing bluetooth device and also file transfer. Worked fine. 🙂 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi @PayalC,

Glad to hear that it is working again!

Have a nice day!

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.