Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hi probook 640 g1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to connect to cellular network via sim card. On the device manager I can see a place that says other devices with a drop down of unknown device and it is carrying a yellow triangle. Just wondering if that's why my sim card is not working to connect me to cellular network

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

All Probook 640 G1's  have SIM card slots.

What 90% of them don't have is the optional but required WWAN card that is needed to connect to the cellular service.

Your notebook has to have one of these WWAN adapters, which would be listed in the device manager under the Network Adapters device manager category.

HP hs3110 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband Module

HP lt4111 LTE/EVDO/HSPA+ 4G WWAN

If your notebook does not have either of those devices listed, then you will not be able to connect using cellular service.

If you post the hardware ID for the Unknown device, I will post the link to the driver for it.

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID for a device.   It most likely won't be for either of those WWAN cards.

https://www.howtogeek.com/193798/how-to-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-the-device-manager/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.