Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 840 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

So I have a sim-card slot in my computer and after reading about it, I know it will not work unless I have a WWAN supporter. So I'm wondering which kind of sim-card WWAN supporter should I buy if I have a sim-card that is Swedish (European)? Also is it something that I have to put inside the computer?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, you would have to install a supported WWAN card, if your notebook also has the two required antennas present where the card goes.

Below is the link to the service manual.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05922740

Chapter 3, page 26, item 22 lists the two supported WWAN cards with their HP part numbers.

You can only buy one of those two cards and it must have the HP part number on it, or it will not work.

Chapter 5 has the procedure to remove and replace the WWAN card.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer, what is the two required antennas and how do I know if I have it? The only thing I'm aware of is that I have an Sim-card port.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Read chapter 5 of the service manual for where the WWAN card would be located and hopefully, you will find two antenna wires there that have clear plastic covers over the terminals.

If you see those two antenna wires, then all you need to do is to buy the WWAN card you want.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.