Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Laptop - 15-ep0010na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I'm running a Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10885H CPU @ 2.40GHz in a new HP Envy on Windows 10 and all has been good until recently.

Without any warning (or system changes) I noticed my Bluetooth would not recognise my wireless keyboard but after a system restore all was good with the keyboard although the laptop couldn't see any new Bluetooth Devices. Then I noticed the laptop WIFI speed was 10% of capacity while all my other devices were running at 90-100% speeds.

After number of failed attempts to rectify, I went for the system restore again, only yo have a message say there was no restore points saved? Strange as I'd had done a restore only a few days before.

Looking at my updates there have only been two recently....

Intel Software component 1.63.1155.1 and Intel Software Component 1.41.2021.121 .

On further investigation it was suggested I carry out a clean installation of the drivers.

So today I tried to remove the drivers but without success as it would seem that even though I'm disconnected from the internet the Windows OS reinstalls the drivers on start up. I believe this is known as an 'inbox driver'?

On the Intel support website it suggest to install the latest drivers, which I downloaded from the HP site. This resulted in an  improvement in download speeds from the 10% capacity to 56%, but so still some way off ideal.

Is there anything else I could try to get this fabulous bit of kit running as it should?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@jules55012 

It specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06677522

It has high speed wifi adapter: Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX 201 (2x2) and Bluetooth® 5 Combo (Supporting Gigabit file transfer speeds). Please use drivers from the following link

https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/products/sku/130293/intel-wifi-6-ax201-gig/downloads.html

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you BH, I will download and try this.

Best wishes

Jules

HP Recommended

Hi

I had to install off line without deleting the old drivers due to windows reinstalling the drives from an inbox, which I did while being off line.

Upon reboot the wifi speed initially returned to 100% capacity. But unfortunately on subsequent tests dome immediately after each other the speeds fell back to 50% and then 10%.

I am wondering if installing Windows 11 would help?

Thank you for your continued support with this. It's very much appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.