Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-13-2020 11:43 AM
My wifi speed never exceeds 50 Mb on my HP Pavilion – 14-bf083no
I have 300Mb from orange, down, and all my other items runs with around 250-300Mb.
But this laptop never goes that fast. Its working if I connect networkcable so I wild guess is the
networkcard, Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168.
Is it just an old crapy card or is there a fix for this?
05-22-2020 12:38 PM
@Francke Here's a few things you need to do, to resolve this issue once and for all:
- Disable all firewalls and antivirus programs including windows ten's own firewalls and antivirus programs.
- try safe mode with networking to check if the Internet connection is fast there. Try both wired and wireless options.
- Link for safe mode with networking is given in my earlier post. Please try that.
- Uninstall the existing network adapters and update the bios chipset and network adapters (both wired and wireless) from this link : click here to find and install the same
- Please try to change the router's broadcasting channel to another value. try different working channels. that might help for WiFi only.
- Try performing a clean boot in windows 10 using this link: Click here for steps
- Try this link fixing network connections in windows 10: Click here
- Then create a new user profile and try to connect both through WiFi and using a wired connection.
- Then as a last, resort try to perform a system recovery to factory setting and check if this helps after backing up all your files.
For more details: click here
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us,
have a good day, ahead.
I am an HP Employee
05-22-2020 12:46 PM
I have the exact same problem, I did everything including re-installing Windows from scratch and I still don't get internet for more than 50Mpbs even though I pay 1Gb!
My Lenovo from work gets 900Mpbs easy.
I am sick of dealing with HP. My computer is in warranty and when will HP recognize that this is a problem on their Pavilion laptops?
I wish I had never bought this laptop. Dealing with HP is the hardest thing.
05-22-2020 03:00 PM
@CaSaba I understand this could be frustrating, however, we are here to help and in order to get you accurate steps suitable for your device, here's what I need:
Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution:
Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.
Also, meanwhile, how was the reset attempted, did you make use of the HP Recovery partition (F11) or did you use the HP recovery media?
If you don't have an HP Recovery media and have attempted reset using the windows troubleshooter or a retail copy of windows, you'll need to order a recovery media: Click here for steps.
Or you may also attempt to download the same using the steps on this link: click here
For details on how to perform a successful reset: click here
Keep me posted,
I am an HP Employee
05-23-2020 03:33 AM
Thanks for the reply,
unfortunatly I think you just told me to buy a new laptop.
Playing around with BIOS and stuff, do all the steps you suggest are way over my knowledge.
Im sorry to hear that other had the same problem but if there are a easy fix, let me know or I just keep going with a slow laptop until I can buy a new.
05-25-2020 01:00 PM
@Francke The steps does not include playing around with the BIOS, and I know it may look like a lot but it's actually quite simple, please go through it step by step and it should be sorted, if you need anything, we'll be right here and happy to help.
I am an HP Employee