Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My connectivity is very limited, although the connectivity on other computers is fine.

Connectivity on other PCs is very high - above 100Mb/s download and 10Mb/s upload.

Mine is ridiculously 1.5Mb/s download and 0.1Mb/s upload.

I tried updating and checking drivers and everything and nothing works. I have no idea, why internet connection on this PC is so horrible. It is much more powerful PC than PC of my wife and still her connectivity is significantly better.

What is wrong?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@David398

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand you have slow WiFi download speeds and to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• When was the last time your laptop has more than 1.5Mb/s  download speed?
  • Did you make any recent hardware or software changes that could have changed this?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know about WiFi speeds:

Computers with WLAN devices support one or more of the following IEEE industry standards:

1. ● 802.11b, the first popular standard, supports data rates of up to 11 Mbps and operates at a
  2. frequency of 2.4 GHz.
  3. ● 802.11g supports data rates of up to 54 Mbps and operates at a frequency of 2.4 GHz. An 802.11g
  4. WLAN device is backwards compatible with 802.11b devices, so they can operate on the same
  5. network.
  6. ● 802.11a supports data rates of up to 54 Mbps and operates at a frequency of 5 GHz.
  7. NOTE: 802.11a is not compatible with 802.11b and 802.11g.
  8. ● 802.11n supports data rates of up to 450 Mbps and may operate at 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz, making it
  9. backwards compatible with 802.11a, b, and g.

Check your product specifications for details on the wireless card you have on your device: Click here

And if your router matches your laptop with 5ghz support (broadband modem (either DSL or cable) and high-speed Internet service purchased from an Internet service provider (ISP)and yet you aren't getting high speeds, try the below steps:

• Please ensure that there is no interference from air conditioners, microwaves and other equipment that could cause the wireless signal to drop. If there is no such equipment, then, please perform these steps:
  • Please check the router broadcasting to channel 11 and check if the connectivity improves.
  • Right-Click on the start button> click device manager> expand Network adapters>then select the wireless Network drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.
  • Check the box that states delete the software for this device.
  • Then restart the computer and update the bios chipset and wifi drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2syreDe Please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions. Please make sure to use an Ethernet cable and then update it.
  • If it still does not work, then the wireless card may be faulty. Please run a wireless module test on it. from this link: http://hp.care/2tlKjct and follow the options under component tests.
  • Also please perform all the prescribed steps from this link: http://hp.care/2sUotwi for resolving Wi-Fi issues.
  • If the issue persists please follow the wireless guided troubleshooter from this link: http://hp.care/2he6M7f and check if the issue gets corrected.
  • If it still does not work, then the wireless module may be faulty and a workaround here would be to order a wireless USB dongle and plug it into one of the USB ports of the computer and then connect it to the router to connect to the internet. It is very cost-effective and economical and also corrects the situation. You could order one locally by contacting Best Buy or Staples or on Amazon or eBay.

And, also refer to the Article: HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.