Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

The HP Spectre x360 does not have a removable battery, at least one one that can be removed without taking off the base which is deliberately made difficult to do.

HP Recommended

Any idea where we can get a replacement battery for the HP SPectre x360 15 inch laptop?

HP Recommended

@berj275,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

What is the product number of your HP Notebook? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

What exactly seems to be an issue with the battery? Have you tried to uninstall the battery drivers. 

Did you try to run a test on the battery?

Could you please respond to this post with the details so that I can provide you with accurate information which should help you resolve this issue.

Waiting for your response!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Jeet,

My laptop is the HP Spectre x360 15-bl012dx model.  The problem I am seeing is similar to what others have mentioned here.  I will plug in my charter and I see the battery status is "Plugged In Not Charging".  The only temporary fix I have that works is to power down the laptop, and then on powering it up I hold the power button in for between 30 seconds and 1 minute.  Then I power up the laptop normally and the battery is once again charging.  Unfortunately this is only a temporary solution because the next time I unplug and plug in the power cord it goes back to "Plugged In Not Charging".   The other issue I am having is that when the battery does charge, it only charges to a maximum of 83 percent.  It never gets to a full charge, and when I run on battery alone the usage time is very short... maybe 2 hours at the most even under light usage.

Yes I have tried deleting the drivers as mentioned in this thread and that does not work either.  if I run a battery check using the HP installed support software, it says the battery is OK but maximum capacity is only 83/100.  It also says I've only plugged in the charger 170/1000 times.  Sadly, that is not very much.

I think I just need a new battery but I cannot find a battery supplier for this laptop anywhere.  This is also unfortunate because the laptop itself is very expensive and high-end.  

Please advise on next steps.

James

HP Recommended

I think I too need to replace the battery, however I just want to say this is completely unacceptable! The laptop is only 5 years old. I've had 3 HP laptops before for as long or longer and never had this problem that the battery completely fails. My laptop cost $1500 and I simply cannot use it without a power cord.

Furthermore, this also started to happen suddenly. One day I could use it without a power cord and the next I couldn't.

I've done all the driver updates, deletes, etc and that has not worked.

HP Recommended

Hi Jeet,

My laptop is the HP Spectre x360 15-bl012dx model.  The problem I am seeing is similar to what others have mentioned here.  I will plug in my charter and I see the battery status is "Plugged In Not Charging".  The only temporary fix I have that works is to power down the laptop, and then on powering it up I hold the power button in for between 30 seconds and 1 minute.  Then I power up the laptop normally and the battery is once again charging.  Unfortunately this is only a temporary solution because the next time I unplug and plug in the power cord it goes back to "Plugged In Not Charging".   The other issue I am having is that when the battery does charge, it only charges to a maximum of 83 percent.  It never gets to a full charge, and when I run on battery alone the usage time is very short... maybe 2 hours at the most even under light usage.

Yes I have tried deleting the drivers as mentioned in this thread and that does not work either.  if I run a battery check using the HP installed support software, it says the battery is OK but maximum capacity is only 83/100.  It also says I've only plugged in the charger 170/1000 times.  Sadly, that is not very much.

I think I just need a new battery but I cannot find a battery supplier for this laptop anywhere.  This is also unfortunate because the laptop itself is very expensive and high-end.  

Please advise on next steps.

James

HP Recommended

@berj275
Thank you for posting back. 

I did go through this case history regarding battery issue and as you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and battery issue persists. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

You have not provided any solution at all. Why would I choose to accept this as a solution when none has been provided? All you are doing is shuffling me from one queue to another.  Let me ask my question again: where can I buy a replacement battery for my laptop? This is not a hard question to answer. If no replacement battery exists then just say so and I will take my business some where else to solve my problem. 

HP Recommended

@berj275
apologize for the inconvenience caused. To get the answer to this question, and to find the best replacement battery for this computer.
it would be best for you to contact our support or shop online from HP shopping.

Hope this helps!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Have u tried replacing the std charger with new 65W charger as per my post above?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.