Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When ever I try to connect to the internet I get the BSOD with the error: Stop Code Driver IRQL not less or equal (rtwlane.sys)

Seems like this might be linked to the Realtek Drive but I can not get on the internet to update the driver. The one currently on my computer is RTL8188EE.802.11

How should I resolve the issue if every time I try to access the internet I get the BSOD?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@dbishop

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP laptop and receive a BSOD error whenever the laptop connects to the internet. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Please let me know the exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Did any software changes or updates happen on the laptop recently?

Meanwhile, You may download the drivers to an external USB flash drive and then connect that flash drive to this laptop and install the drivers. You may find the drivers via this HP link: www.hp.com/drivers or via the Realtek website: http://www.realtek.com/downloads.

Meanwhile, if this issue started recently and there were no changes made to the laptop, then you could perform a Microsoft System Restore on our laptop. This will take the laptop to an earlier date when it worked fine. This will not delete your data. NOTE: Please perform the steps mentioned under "Restore your computer when Windows starts normally".

Hope this information helps. Please feel free to reply. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

How do I know which driver to update?

HP Recommended

Hi

It is possible that the IRQL is a conflict with another item of hardware, and just updating the driver is not sufficient.

Network PolyGlot.png

In my Polyglot Picture the 'second column' has the IRQ and shows no conflicts, it is possible that you may have a conflict and the IRQ is shared with another, so I would check in device manager with "Show Hidden Devices" ticked and look for any potential problems there.

The drivers installed are shown below that, and may give a clue as to whether there are better drivers to install.

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

This issue has shown up a few times recently, and fixed easily with these steps:

Connect to the Internet with your Ethernet port and cable connection.

TYPE "device manager" into windows (10) search bar-
SCROLL to "network adapters"-
SELECT "realtek rtl8723be''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' wifi adapter” (or whatever wireless adapter is present)
RIGHT CLICK and "update drivers" use the internet to find and auto install option

HP Recommended

I am having the exact issue. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.