Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Zbook 17 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can someone with a Zbook 17 G5 laptop post a copy of the System Info file here? I need to get a firm reference to the network drivers used on this. Just go to the Start menu and type System Info and hit return. When the window opens, select File / Export and name the file. Upload and done. It should be about a 100k file size. I've been going crazy for a week trying to match up the drives I need to reinstall and I  don't see them on the HP site directly.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you post the hardware ID's for the ethernet and network controllers that need drivers, I will post the links to the drivers you need.

Use this guide to find that information...

https://www.howtogeek.com/193798/how-to-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-the-device-manager/

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. Here's the info I dug out of Device Manager:

Network Controller

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A370&SUBSYS_00308086&REV_10
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A370&SUBSYS_00308086
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A370&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A370&CC_0280

Ethernet Device

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15BB&SUBSYS_842A103C&REV_10
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15BB&SUBSYS_842A103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15BB&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15BB&CC_0200

I assume that all of the WAN MiniPort devices under the Network Adapters category are derived from the above two devices?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Here are the links to the drivers you need.

I'm giving you the latest ones from Intel...

Network Controller (Intel 9560 AC)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29122/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters...

Ethernet Controller (Intel i219-LM)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=...

Yes, Windows installs all of those other devices for some kind of support of the principal networking devices.

HP Recommended

This is driving me buts. I got one driver installed and the other says it can't find that particular device.

This problem goes back a week when I was trying to get a Plugable ethernet-USB adapter working. We use it at work to program Linux touch screens. It showed a conflict - but they work fine with Win 7.

I dug into this last weekend and saw that it was trying to load a new driver from ASIX (a chip manufacturer) with a newer version than Windows had. I could not delete the Windows driver and tried taking it out of the registry. This threw off ALL the network drivers and cut my internet access.

So today I went back to the Plugable (yes, that's the company name also) and it still will not work (duh), but now I'm looking at the error it shows under Device Manager / Properties:

Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device code 56

Looking this up I see that it references a third-party VPN interference as a possible problem. Our IT has done a significant upgrade on security for Win 10 (we switched over a few months ago). I'm thinking that I need to get them to remove the VPN and see if it makes a difference on my access. Other than that, I think I might be out of gas on this now.

HP Recommended

Sorry the drivers didn't install.

I agree with you.

If you have a specific corporate image on thereI would have your IT dept reimage the PC, and then try again.

If you can install W10 yourself, you can use the cloud recovery client utility to install the HP factory image that shipped with the notebook.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp85001-85500/sp85318.exe

I have attached the instructions below for how to use the utility.

HP Recommended

We already talked with IT (just one person at our location) about the reimage. The problem is that since I do embedded programming, we have many hardware-specific programs installed that would need to be reloaded and checked. Some have licenses that need to be transferred, such as Matlab. We went through this last summer when we first got the laptops and spent most of a week or so installing. We don't want to do this again. AND it still won't fix the original problem with the adapter!

I did pick up some tips here and some others this weekend online. I'm also leaving the company at the end of the week; I wanted to get it fixed by then, but if it's not...

HP Recommended

just come across this post while searching google for the same.

system restore(rstrui) might help fix problem, or check your update history. Try uninstall KB4517245, I noticed this update and few driver update listed in system restore->scan for affected programs.

If no KB4517245 insatlled, I have no idea.

Everything will flow.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.