Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 14 Convertible PC 14-dy1000 (436S6AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

From day one the wireless adapter drops out. Sometimes will reappear, in and out various periods of time, but mostly off and gone from devices.

I have run MS service patch and updated driver to revision A as of 1-20-22. I bought a rj45 adapter so I could assess the internet long enough to finish setting up my notebook and post my problem.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Ivey4 

Please use drivers on the following link

https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/products/sku/130293/intel-wifi-6-ax201-gig/downloads.html

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for a lighting fast reply.

I installed the Windows 11 file.

Ill com back tomorrow after I give it a good test.

HP Recommended

I installed the intell driver for Windows 11 from the list of drivers in the link you sent. Shut down and rebooted the notebook. After a while, the same issue. Again this morning after booting up, after a few minuets, the same issue.
That did not fix my problem. (I loose internet connection. When I look in Network Connections, the WiFi 6 AX201 160MHz adapter has disappeared) I can reboot, it will come up but then after a little while, disappeared.
When I go to Device Manager, it shows the device but under status it shows "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"
Should I try installing one of the other drivers labeled as IT?
Remove the device and let it find it again?

Thanks again for your help.

HP Recommended

Its tomorrow.
That did not fix my problem. (I loose internet connection. When I look in Network Connections, the WiFi 6 AX201 160MHz adapter has disappeared) I can reboot, it will come up but then after a little while, disappeared.
When I go to Device Manager, it shows the device but under status it shows "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"
Should I try installing one of the other drivers labeled as IT?
Remove the device and let it find it again?

Thanks again for your help.

HP Recommended

If anyone is following my posts. Today is Tuesday Jan 25. I created a case with hp support. We were on the phone a long time checking, testing, connecting to my notebook and running tests and such. Finally ending in a reset, which is to completely reinstall windows from the cloud. this seemed to work, but after four hours time and reinstalling my new software programs. Rebooting a few times, the network adapter disapeared and I had all the same issues with the intell wireless adapter as before.
HP tech was great. He kept the case open. He will call me back tomorrow afternoon.

HP Recommended

I have just encountered this same issue.  I see online that many have. I've tried all the suggestions that are out there and nothing is working.

HP Recommended

This just happened to me today for the first time.  Hoping a resolution gets posted.  

HP Recommended

Good luck!!  I've tried  uninstalling the driver, and rebooting, multiple times. A hard reset, resetting Bios, changing some configuration settings on it via properties. Installing the new drivers...Prayed a little bit after I just realized my warranty expired in Aug on a Spectre.   😞  

HP Recommended

Did Windows 10 do an update recently? 

This happened to my son with his HP Spectre today.  

He resorted to using an USB to Ethernet adapter and ethernet cable to get an internet connection to download new drivers.

From what I have read previously, when a Windows update comes out it destroys the software drivers.

Everyone needs to buy a USB 3.0 to Ethernet Adapter and Ethernet cable if you have an HP Spectre.

The HP Spectre does not have an Ethernet port so that you can get a wired connection.   

If it is a windows update, I would look into turning off the Automated updates in Windows. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.