Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY TouchSmart 17-j178nr Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I turned on my machine 2 days ago and it wouldn't connect to the Wifi.

I ran the Network troubleshooter and it came back with "The windows wireless service is not running on this computer".

I then procedeed to manually start the WLAN Autoconfig service and i got the error "Error 1068: The dependecy service or group failed to start".

I have tried every possible solution that i could find and I finally gave up and ended doing a factory reset on the machine.

However, after the reset the problem is still there and I cant connect to the intert via WiFi.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Edgamez Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start message.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

When the “Error 1068” error is logged, view the Dependencies tab for the dependency services to make sure the services on are started.

Method 1:

To view the Dependencies tab, follow these steps:

a. Press Windows key + R, type services.msc, and then click OK.
b. Right-click the service that you may want to examine, and then click Properties.
c. Click the Dependencies tab.

d. Check if you can start the dependency services.

Method 2:

Since you have installed the latest windows updates and Kaspersky software, you may try to temporarily disable the Kaspersky Software and firewalls and check what happens.

If disabling the antivirus software fixes the issue, you may have to configure the settings of the antivirus program accordingly. Please contact the software vendor for further assistance in this regard.

Note: Make sure to enable the security software on the computer after checking for the issue.

Method 3:

If the issue persists, you may try to uninstall and reinstall the Wireless card and check if it helps.

a. Click Start and type in Device Manager in the Start Search and Press Enter.

b. Expand the Network Adapters in the Device Manager

c. Right-click on the device and click on Properties.

d. Click on the driver tab and click on Uninstall Drivers and click OK.

e. Restart the computer and check.

You may also refer to the computer or device manufacturer website and try updating the latest version of network card drivers.

Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

HP Recommended

Go to Services snap-in and start WLAN AutoConfig service.

1. Press Windows Key + R then type services.msc in the Run dialog box and click OK to open Windows Services Manager.

2. In Services snap-in window, find the WLAN AutoConfig service. Since you’re getting this problem, possibly the service might not be running. Double click on this service to change its status.

3. On the service property sheet, set its Startup type to Automatic. And then click on Start button.

4. Restart your Windows.

Source: https://windows10freeapps.com/windows-wireless-service-is-not-running-on-this-computer-fix/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.