Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 15-R204TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There is no wifi option in my pc.

I checked 'netsh wlan show drivers' and it showed 'there is no wireless interface on the system'.

I've contacted HP support and it is  of no use. Also i tried reinstalling the drivers which is of no use.

Can anyone help me to get back the wifi?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@CF4, It's great to hear from you again.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the wireless card is not listed in device manager.

It certainly looks to be a hardware issue with the wireless card.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Hope you have a great day ahead!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @Chaitanya_Teja, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have wireless issues with your laptop.

Don't worry I'm here to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

As you mentioned when you tried to do netsh on your PC you are getting there is no wireless interface on the system.

Are the wireless drivers listed in device manager?

If yes try the steps recommended below.

Manually change network settings

Manually changing the network settings can resolve wireless connection issues. Create a restore point in Windows, and then manually change the network settings.
Using the search box on the taskbar, search for and open Create a restore point.
The System Properties window displays.
Click Create.
Type a name for the restore point, and then click Create.
Windows creates the restore point.
Using the search box on the taskbar, search for Command Prompt. In the results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
If a User Account Control screen displays asking if you want to allow the app to make changes to your computer, click Yes.

Type the following commands one at a time, pressing Enter after each one.
netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
To open the TCP Global Settings, type netsh int tcp show global in Command Prompt and then press Enter.
Make sure all settings are disabled except Receive-Side Scaling State.
Close Command Prompt, reboot the system and then try to connect to the Internet.

Also, try uninstalling the wireless drivers from device manager and install the latest drivers using HP support assistant.

Note: Before uninstalling the wireless drivers make sure you connect the ethernet cable to your PC and then uninstall the drivers.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

If the issue still persists try reseating the wireless card on your PC and check if it helps.

If you have tried all the steps and the issue still persists it is a hardware issue with the wireless card.

Link to contact HP.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

The show drivers is a good choice, I quite often suggest it myself, usually after the getmac command to want to see 3 mac addresses listed, Ethernet, BlueTooth and WiFi.

I also use msinfo32 and Piriform Speccy to look for the actual hardware, Device Manager with the show Hidden Devices ticked in the hope it is there, but has no drivers associated.

It could be a hardware failure, rather than a software error.  So I would start with the BIOS settings and work forwards.

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

@CF4, It's great to hear from you again.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the wireless card is not listed in device manager.

It certainly looks to be a hardware issue with the wireless card.

Link to contact HP.

Hope you have a great day ahead!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.