4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Troubleshooting Wireless Driver on HP ENvy

HP Recommended
HP Envy 17-s143cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My husbands laptop had wireless issues.  After doing a diagnostic on it, we are unable to see any wireless connections.  After doing another diagnostic, it says that we need to reload the driver.  However, on HP's site, there isn't a wireless driver listed for this model, only a Bluetooth driver and a LAN driver.  Any thoughts?  The wireless adapter shows up as enabled in Networking and scanning the drivers in Device Manager doesn't show that there are any drivers that need installed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
135,195 124,551 20,726 31,820
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes.

Install the latest driver.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
5 REPLIES 5
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The parts list for your notebook indicates that it comes with an Intel 7265 AC wifi adapter.

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=X0S43UA

Here is what I recommend...

Download and save the latest W10 wifi driver directly from Intel.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29902/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters...

Go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category.

Right click on the Intel 7265 AC wifi adapter listed there and select Uninstall.  Also check the uninstall driver box.

Restart the PC and install the latest wifi driver you saved.

tinaljmcgee
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Paul, I uninstalled it but it automatically reinstalled after the restart.  I've downloaded the driver, should I go ahead and install anyway?

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes.

Install the latest driver.

View solution in original post

tinaljmcgee
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, Paul, that worked!  Still having the original problem, but at least I can see my other wireless connections now.

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation