cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mehreen57
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Turn off airplane mode in ubuntu (Wifi hardware button not working) hp 15r007tx notebook

HP Recommended
Hp 15-r007tx notebook
Ubuntu LTS

Hi. I am stuck into a problem from last 5 days. My wifi hardware button is not working on ubuntu. I am having airplane mode automatically on and its not turning of from ubuntu screen or options as it says ( use hardware button to turn  off airplane mode) Due to which my wifi is also not working as rfkill lists shows wireless lan  hard blocked : Yes... But when i press wifi button nothing happens neither my wifi is working nor airplane mode is turned off. Before this airplane mode was off still wifi was not working and wifi harware button which is f12 i think that is red in color. Please help me how can i disable airplane mode and make wifi to work. I saw solution here which says to update wifi drivers and then update bios. But i am really new to ubuntu and i dont know how to do that.  So please kindly give me solution step by step. 

P.s: i have tried rfkill unblock , modprobe etc all commands but nothing works. Please help

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation