Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook 650 G1 / LT4112
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After updating Windows 10 1703 to 1709, I can't use my UMTS / 4G LT4112 mobile network card. (Lan and WLAN are fine).

Strange enough, everything seems fine:

- the interface show's the mobile network

- the interface asks me for my pin

- the interface show's I get connected

- my provider confirms my login

- the SIM card is tested in another device and is functional

- I get IP address / subnetmask / gateway

- even a few packets move to AND from

BUT

opening a browser, I can't connect to any page. DNS resolving is broken, even working around DNS (with the host file), I can't open a web-page.

I've also been online with microsoft, did a lot of reset of network / IP / Winsock, but they couldn't get it working.

Driver: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/closure/hp-probook-650-g1-notebook-pc/5405400

Any suggestions,

Thomas Roes

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

No solution yet, but I'm a bit further.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-probook-650-g1-notebook-pc/5405400/swI...

lists a lot (all) drivers ever released for the lt4112 but

In the inf file, it supports (amongst others) %HPGNSSDevice.DeviceDesc% = GNSS_Install, USB\VID_03F0&PID_581D&MI_02

My card is USB\VID_03F0&PID_581D&MI_00

This doesn't match. Driver install ends with

Device USB\VID_03F0&PID_581D&MI_00\6&387a2df&4&0000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Because the device has a compatible ID USB_MS_COMP_HWQMBIM, a generic microsoft driver is installerd. This driver almost works, just no data get's over the connection.

I want the HP driver to install.

Thomas Roes

HP Recommended

Still not further. I spoke with HP support. They where very helpfull and willing, but when installing several versions of the driver did not work, I was put longer and longer on hold (for consultation), and finally there was the bad news:

- I bought the UMTS module not directly with the laptop. So they don't offer support for that !

I'm sorry, I bought an official HP accessoire at shop.hp.com, an accessoire that is supported for this laptop, that worked until recently, a clear description of the problem.

I'm now waiting for HP to react on my complaint.

Thomas Roes

HP Recommended

Hi

The latest windows update/upgrade made changes in the background to the firewall, and some people have found that by altering the firewall, items now connect.

So, do you feel lucky?

Possible solution....

Windows Defender Security Centre;

Restore Firewall to Default;

Then running the Network Troubleshooter.

HP Recommended

Glad, because my WWAN card is working again. In the end, it appeared to be an overloaden networking environment.

- Removed VMWare player (add's two NIC's)

- Removed Sophos SSL-VPN client (appears as a NIC)

and bingo.

It apppears that the driver, failing to install on windows 1709, is for the GNSS Sensor. I managed to install this anyway, by forcing Windows 10 to accept unsigned drivers, ripping the signing from the driver, and modifying the hardware ID's in the driver.

The WWAN part work'ed all along with the Microsoft Generic Broadband Adapter driver.

Disappointed because:

- HP support didn't discover (or ask) wether I had a

HP lt4112 LTE/HSPA+ W10 WWAN (T0E33AA)

http://www8.hp.com/emea_africa/en/products/oas/product-detail.html?oid=9157997

or

HP lt41112 LTE/HSPA+ 4G Mobile Module (E5M74AA)

http://www8.hp.com/emea_africa/en/products/oas/product-detail.html?oid=6322259

The first is supposed to have windows 10 support, while the latter (I have a E5M74AA) should not have windows 10 support, but it works anyway.

By the way, the picture of the card on these two link, both show the same Huawei LTE module, Model ME906Em SPS 704031-001 etc etc.

Why the two partnumbers, why not just properly support these devices.

Thomas Roes

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.