Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17-p121wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The referenced laptop is able to connect with all devices to host a wireless connection (including a prior iPhone 6 and mobile hotspot MiFi device) EXCEPT my recently acquired iPhone 8.  I have updated the laptop to the latest Broadband wireless driver available for WIndows 10 but that still didn't do the trick.   There is definitely an attempt to communicate between the two devices as the iPhone hotspot connection indicator flutters when attempting to make the connection but it quickly fails.  The local Verizon store was of no help and said they had never seen this before.  I find this hard to believe but am at wits end.  Help!  

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
I just fix the same problem by renaming my Apple device. My iPhone 8 was just named iPhone so I changed to my own word, no spaces or special characters.
HP Recommended

Thank you so much--this sounds very logical and while I am at work and not near my laptop, I am anxious to give it a try.  This laptop is looking for an old 'iPhone' with different password so that is likely why it keeps failing.  Still can't believe Verizon couldn't have thought of that one.  I will let you know if it didn't work.  

HP Recommended

I am with you...US Cellular didn't offer this suggestion either...good luck!

HP Recommended

I just tried your recommended solution and it totally worked!!!!!   Thank you so much!  I just can't believe this isn't an issue out there.   Hope we can of help to others and thank you--to you.  

HP Recommended
This just worked for me. Am so happy to have googled a question and to have great answers that did the trick without knowing it was even going to work. Chaz1133 thank you so much for the tip. I had a few months not knowing what was going on or what was wrong or if I was ever going to work. Was I ever going to use my ph again ? Lol Oh man!! With a 10month baby girl & all the things I gotta do I just kept putting it off thinking it was more troublesome or more time consuming than it actually was. I would only use it to download the pics from my iPhone 8 on to the usb drives to delete em off my cell. This was a piece of cake haha Wow! Wasn’t I making a storm in a glass of water hahaha I got it all done within seconds thanks to you. So thank you so much. God bless you!
HP Recommended

I was dealing with the exact same problem and followed the directions about changing the name. IT ABSOLUTELY WORKED!!! Thank you so much! I paid for hotspot to do homework for college classes and was never able to use it for going on 3 months now. I was so relieved yet irritated that apple allows such a simple glitch to still exist in 2019.. smh... you are awesome for sharing this!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.