Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-r205tu530
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an HP Notebook - 15-r205tu and it has WIFI issues in it
Serial Number - [Personal Information Removed]
Product Number - K8U05PA#ACJ
My Wifi LED status - Red (Was white for almost a day even when there was no drivers and now its red)

For the past few months the wifi adapter will automatically vanish from the device manager and each time i had to system restore to make it work but this Wednesday it happened again but unfortunately this time even system restore isn't working.
I tried restarting the laptop several time and tried installing the latest drivers from hp website ( https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-r200-notebook-pc-series/7486447/model/7584381... ) 
Every time i run the setup for Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Drivers it loads up and i select the language as English but when the wizard starts its suddenly disappears and doesn't reflect in device manager but when i install SP84785 the wizard opens up and completes fully with an automatic restart prompt(Most of the drivers worked with ease with full installation wizard completion)
I Thought it might be the Realtek driver but it was the same case with Qualcomm Atheros AR9000 Series Wireless LAN Driver & Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver as both of the drivers didn't open/Install properly (It disappears in midway).
Checked Bios Security settings and have enable the Network adapter from there as well.I guess its the drivers as the installation wizard of wireless drivers are not getting completed for some reason.Please assist on this as WIFI is really important as i work from home
As of now i have connected to internet through LAN cable from router directly and it works fine 
What can be done??
System restore didn't work
System recovery?OS Re installation?Any reg edit tweak that might help as i still believe its something to do with the driver installation

How it is goingHow it is goingHow it was earlierHow it was earlierDriver files in system32.pngRealtek driver installation setup first stepRealtek driver installation setup first stepIts says will open wizard but it disappeared in a secIts says will open wizard but it disappeared in a sec

Having this issue for past 3 days

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only driver that is going to work is the Realtek one.

That is what model wifi adapter your notebook has.

Trying to install drivers for other model wifi adapters such as the Atheros one is only going to make a bad situation worse.

I'm thinking your wifi card is on its way out, or the electrical contacts are getting oxidized and interrupting the electrical contact.

You could try removing and firmly reseating the wifi adapter.  Leave the antenna wires connected to facilitate a quicker reinstallation.

Below is the link to the service manual where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04409502

Also, try a newer version of the W7 64 bit driver for that model wifi adapter.

sp82801.exe (hp.com)

If that still doesn't fix the problem, let me know how many wifi antenna wires are connected to the Realtek wifi card, and I will suggest a possible replacement or upgrade.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

I tried installing the SP82801 and its the same as before. If you see the below picture, That's the part when it gets diapered and the Install Shield wizard never gets opened as it should. It keeps happening for all drivers and with realtek drivers as well.
Will an re-installation of OS will help??
How does it look to you @Paul??? Software issue(As the Install wizard never gets opened)??Hardware(Wifi Module/Adapter issue)??Plz suggest further as i'm not good with hardwares. So kinda hesitant to check the WIFI adapter manually
Driver not installing issue.png

HP Recommended

Hi:

It's hard to say.

I guess you can try reinstalling W7 and then installing the wifi driver and see if it works normally.

If not, then the wifi card is probably no good.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.