Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15t-dy100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Edited: Wifi unable to detect connection when I return to my laptop after turning back on the screen. 

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11AC PCIe Adapter

Driver version 2024.0.10.214

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@JLo89 Have you run a wireless card test on your device to identify if this is either a hardware or a software malfunction?

If not, let's start with that:

• Turn the computer On and keep tapping F2 repeatedly on startup to enter system diagnostics. 
  • Select the component test and run a wireless test on your computer. 
    • FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE
    • (By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If the test fails or does not detect the wireless card, this could be a hardware malfunction, please revert to me with the failure ID,

However, if the tests pass, restart your computer, then visit the HP website and use the product number of your device to download and install the wireless adapter from the list under the Windows OS you select.

• If the issue persists, you may want to create a backup of all your important data into an external storage device and perform a system reset:
  • Refer to this HP Article for assistance. 

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.