Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 840 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I've seen great support on these boards to help get these older machines up and running for Windows 10 products. I think this is great because the laptop I'm upgrading still has some kick and purpose to be a basic Internet machine and something I can learn on (eg- exactly what I'm doing now, lol)--at the very least. I've gotten the other device conflicts resolved (it seems) with the help I found reading these boards.

That said, I'm asking for help to solve these two "Uknown Device" issues. I'm not sure if they're directly related to each other. I think that the first one has to do with Bluetooth. I've reviewed the specs URL for this laptop, and it shows there are three possibilities for the Bluetooth device, as follows:

Broadcom 802.11 a/b/g/n (2x2) with Bluetooth v4.0 combo,

Intel Dual Band Wireless- N 7260AN 802.11 a/b/g/n (2x2) WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adaptor or,

Intel Dual Band Wireless- AC 7260 802.11 ac (2x2) WiFi + BT 4.0 combo Adapter

I can say that I tried installing the Broadcomm package from the HP Driver/Support website (for this laptop), and it didn't work. I was reading some other Bluetooth troubleshooting instructions here , but it was for a different machine (and also, how do I remove the previous package, if applicable).  The WiFi works on this laptop right now, so I was ruling out the Intel drivers...but then, I'm definitely not the wizard here. 🙂

The deviceID info for the first is:

"Unknown Device"
Port_#0002.Hub_#0004
The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
USB\VID_8087&PID_07DC&REV_0001
USB\VID_8087&PID_07DC

The deviceID info for the second is:

"Unknown Device"
on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
ACPI\VEN_INT&DEV_33A0
ACPI\INT33A0
*INTO33A0

Any insights or guidance about resolving these device conflicts is greatly appreciated. Please feel free to let me know any additional info I can provide to clarify or narrow down my query. I am thankful for the HP Community "All-Stars" for all the work that is put in to helping end users like myself. Thanks for reading. Be well and be safe.

~ Kind Regards,

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your notebook has the Intel 7260 AC wifi adapter, you need this Bluetooth driver for it.

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Intel® Wireless 7260 Family and Intel® Dual-Band Wireless-AC 3160

You need this driver for the ACPI\VEN_INT&DEV_33A0 device...

This package provides the Intel Smart Connect Technology driver for supported notebook models running a supported operating system. The Intel Smart Connect Technology driver enables the system to resume from sleep mode and update supported web applications such as email. The system enters sleep after the update is completed.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65001-65500/sp65233.exe 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your notebook has the Intel 7260 AC wifi adapter, you need this Bluetooth driver for it.

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Intel® Wireless 7260 Family and Intel® Dual-Band Wireless-AC 3160

You need this driver for the ACPI\VEN_INT&DEV_33A0 device...

This package provides the Intel Smart Connect Technology driver for supported notebook models running a supported operating system. The Intel Smart Connect Technology driver enables the system to resume from sleep mode and update supported web applications such as email. The system enters sleep after the update is completed.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65001-65500/sp65233.exe 

HP Recommended

Hi there P_T,

Thanks for your helpful reply. I did confirm that deviceID, as you suggested. I followed up with the download from the ftp you shared (that direct link was awesome BTW), and I'm getting ready to run the installer. Before I do I want to check that there is any other specific step(s) for installing the driver...anything I need to prep or uninstall, etc. I will, of course make a Restore Point.

Thanks in advance 🙂

~S

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

All you need to do is to double click to run each driver, and follow the onscreen instructions to install the drivers, which basically install themselves after you accept the licensing agreements.

HP Recommended

Hey again P_T,

Just touching base again quickly. I wanted to let you know how that my mission to fix these drivers worked out. My Device Manager screen is as clean as a whistle and the ol' bird seems to be running WIN10 Pro 64b without a hitch (at the moment). Thanks again for your time, guidance, and certainly the links. Take good care. ^_^

~ S

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.