5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Upgrate WiFi

HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6-6b30ew
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

In community Intel recommendet Intel Dual-Band Wireless-AC 7260.HMW for change Intel Centrino n1030.HMW.
https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/what-replace-WiFi-Intel-n1030-in-HP-dv6-Pavilion/m-p/1244003...

Will I be able to use the WiFi card Intel Dual-Band Wireless-AC 7260.HMW in my laptop HP DV6-6b30ew?
Perhaps such a card is not included in the white paper list?

La Belarus e bella!
La Belarus e viva!
3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
89,504 89,382 11,461 24,595
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mukovozchik 

Your machine was built around 2011 therefore due to the whitelist the chance to upgrade wifi card which is not on the list is none.

You can use  (or similar)

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Networking/Adapters/67965-USB-AC53-NANO

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

mukovozchik
Author
Level 1
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@banhien

Thanks for the quick response.

Is it possible to edit a white sheet, for example, through BIOS or a utility?

La Belarus e bella!
La Belarus e viva!
0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
89,504 89,382 11,461 24,595
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mukovozchik wrote:

... Is it possible to edit a white sheet, for example, through BIOS or a utility?

@mukovozchik 

Well, BIOS is not a piece of paper. I don't know its source and compiler. I would not play around with BIOS because it is the shortest way to brick a machine.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation