Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 15-p238tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Sometimes it just stops on me, or doesn't work right from the startup and sometimes it shows blue screen say  "Bluetooth verifier fault". It doesn't want to connect to any network. and rarely see my home's network at work that is 24km away. Maybe something wrong with your driver? or something. Now I'm trying Lenovo's driver and I will report you back.

If you have something that you'd like me to do. If I'm not too busy, I will try.

See the last reply for updates.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP has a newer driver for the RTL8723BE than the one on your notebook's support page, which you may want to try...

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

2023.46.1031.2016 Rev.A (26 Dec 2016)

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78748.exe

If you want to update the bluetooth driver, this is the latest one HP has...

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek bluetooth in the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems. 

1.0.0.60 Rev.A (12 Dec 2016)

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78623.exe

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP has a newer driver for the RTL8723BE than the one on your notebook's support page, which you may want to try...

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

2023.46.1031.2016 Rev.A (26 Dec 2016)

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78748.exe

If you want to update the bluetooth driver, this is the latest one HP has...

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek bluetooth in the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems. 

1.0.0.60 Rev.A (12 Dec 2016)

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78623.exe

HP Recommended
I've tried Lenovo's driver but it doesn't work any better, now I reduce the transmission power to med-high and it is more stable but still really slow to connect and not want to connect to some of the AP. Maybe I will try the drivers and test if it works. Thanks in advance.
HP Recommended

One thing I wanted to ask. After I installed the drivers and restart, there is a new network on my task manager called "DIRECT-Ax(PC NAME)msAe". Is this normal?

The type is "public network" and Access type: No network access FYI.

Other things. I will try this driver for a month or two before send back the result.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, that I do not know.

HP Recommended
Quite a long test though, but it finally work! With new driver and a bit of patience it finally in my acceptable rate.
So, it work IF you wait a bit for it to be ready first. Then you have to select the WIFI network MANUALLY. If I were to let it done that for me, they won't connect until 5 mins later.
That's it for me. Great support from you, Paul. It's fine now.
HP Recommended

That is great news.

As time has passed, there are even newer drivers out there for that card...

I don't know if you want to give the newest driver a shot but here it is...

2023.54.331.2017 Rev.A     Jun 21, 2017

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80501-81000/sp80963.exe

If you try it have a plan beforehand to be able to revert back to your current status.

Maybe create a restore point using the system restore utility before proceeding.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.