Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Community,

I have wifi connection issues with my HP Spectre X360. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, and this is a recent issue, few weeks ago it was working fine. I have another laptop next to me and the wifi connection works fine. I have desinstalled the wifi adapter and restarted the computer but the problem is still happening.

See below the list of network adapters currently on my laptop, if this can help. Many thanks for your help.

OCdeR.

ListNetworkAdapters.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Dear Community,

Dear HP Experts,

Do you have any solutions to my wifi connection issues? Do I need to update the wireless adpater or check ano other related settings?

Many thanks for your help.

OCdeR.

HP Recommended

@OCdeR

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that you are facing wireless connectivity issues with your HP Spectre X360

I'll try my best to help

May I know since when are you facing this issue?

Let's try updating the WiFi driver from Device Manager

- Select the Start  button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
- Look for Network Adapters and expand the List
- Look for WiFi driver then right-click it, and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the WiFi driver and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Also update the BIOS from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

If the issue persists, you can try a System Restore to an earlier time before the issue started

- Select the Start button, type control panel and then choose it from the list of results.
- Search Control Panel for Recovery.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I did all you outlined here and the wifi still acts very bad, i had a clean install of windows as well and same issues. If the wifi chose to work it will be very slow and it disconnects periodically, Please help as this is affecting my productivity

HP Recommended

Mine also HP Spectra.It usued to work fine since 1 year but suddenly facing the exact same probles as mentioned above and i have tried all the steps u suggested but dosent work. I think spectra hardware have some issues with the windows and wifi driver 

HP Recommended

same issue.  Have been on tech support with MS Office 365 support twice now.  Spectre wifi works for internet searching (although it shows not connected in task bar), then does not connect with MS OneDrive for pulling down documents.  MS has reconnected me to their OneDrive twice, but this appears to be an HP Spectre wifi problem.

HP Recommended

I tried as you suggesting recovery procedure but didn't help. I tried also to connect Belkin adapter and replacing the Wi-FI card on the laptop  but didn't help.

HP Recommended

same problem, microsoft has been able to reconnect through software changes and resetting configurations, but the hardware or software always reverts has problems reconnecting.  HP should do an update [edit]on these machines.

HP Recommended

Some problem with new HP Spectre x360 dropping wifi while other PCs are OK. Intel driver 21.40.2.2 is described as the latest update. HP recently did a Bio update. Could that be the problem?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.