Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15t-dy100 CTO

Hello,

I have a HP Notebook 15t-dy100 CTO with a Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n PCIe adapter. I have a new MU-MIMO router and am topping out at 72mbps. I understand that this is only connecting on the 2.4GHZ band and would like to know what I can get to upgrade to dual band, specific part number would be great! I have a 350M down by 10M up internet connection and would like to utilize that as much as possible (right now my wifi adapter is limiting me to about 50M down, upload is good though). 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JD2023 

Your machine only has 1 antenna. You should be able to use

• Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.2 Combo part # 806723-005
  • Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.2 Combo Adapter part # 863934-855

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick response, do you have anything that documents the proper procedure to replace it?

HP Recommended

Hi, @JD2023 

If you want/need Bluetooth, neither of the Intel cards posted above are good options for you.

Both of those cards require two Wi-Fi antenna wires to be connected to the card for both the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to work, and your notebook only comes with one antenna wire since it has the RTL8723DE Wi-Fi adapter.

The Intel 3165/3168 Wi-Fi cards are not listed as supported Wi-Fi cards in chapter 3 of your notebook's service manual, most likely because they are for older model notebooks than yours.

There is only one model dual band Wi-Fi card you can upgrade to in your notebook where you can have both the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth working and that is this one...

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported) HP part # L17365-005.

The card has a maximum throughput of 433 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz Wi-Fi band with an AC router and an excellent signal.

You can find this model on eBay, or Ali Express. 

I see some Intel 3165 cards listed on the eBay listings, so don't buy those.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=L17365-005&_sacat=0&_sop=15

RTL8821CE - Buy RTL8821CE with free shipping on AliExpress

On the Ali Express listings, make sure the card has the HP Part # of 915620-001.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the Wi-Fi card removal and replacement procedure.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP 15 Laptop PC

Here is the link to the service teardown video which may be of help as well.

https://www.supportvideos.ext.hp.com/?q=15-Dy1000#search/15-Dy1000/1 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.