Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 250 G7 Notebook PC
Linux

Tried : i have tried everything to do with bios like disabling secure boot, disabling ethernet , enabling network boot and also i have the working driver installed in it as it works it just happens after a reboot

it is not the first time happening it is happening for a month now i have changed my os 4 times from ubuntu to linux mint mate to linux mint cinnamon, right now i have linux mint mate with dual boot of ubuntu , the wifi was working for the past 15 days as i was not turning it off only but today the battery died and when i booted it the wifi and bluetooth was gone(wifi and bluetooth always goes out together)

conditions : If the wifi is working and then if you reboot the system wifi will be gone

it used to come back after i do something new in bios like last time i disabled the ethernet then booting brought back the wifi but now i just don't know what to do cause nothing is working i have tried enabling and disabling everything in BIOS setup but nothing work's

I have not updated the system after boot and any new install of whole system does not works as i have tried it ,it will just start randomly working

Host: HP 250 G7 Notebook PC

[content removed]

sorces from i have tried : https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-adapter-disappeared/td-p/6302111

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @User_141812 

Do you have the same problem when live booting from other linux distros ?

Latest bios ? F.38 Rev.A ?

Please report your results.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the YES button on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply 'Accept as Solution'.

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much 

ub6424_0-1655832445490.png

HP Recommended

yes same problem during live boot 

F.36 

HP Recommended

Hello @User_141812 

Do you have the same problem with

1) Linux Mint 18.x

2) Linux Mint 19.x

Give it try ...

Please reports your results.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Hello @User_141812 

You will have to update your BIOS !

- Take 2 USB sticks (2.0 and 3.0 version)

- Go to another windows 10 pc and download the BIOS

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

F.38 Rev.A50.7 MBSep 7, 2021Download

- Start the sp134404.exe to write the firmware update to a usb stick

- Go to your linux computer and boot from usb

Please report your results.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.