Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
presarioCQ61
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

WIFI WILL NOT WORKING and also audio problems

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@LIOMAN Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing issues with Wifi and audio.

The Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller is your wired network adapter.

Your wireless adapter is either missing entirely from your device manager, or it is listed as a network controller with a ! which means it is in need of drivers.

If it is not showing up anywhere in the device manager, it could be anything from the card died, to a major software issue.

Is it possible you inadvertently turned the wireless button/switch off?

Please uninstall the drivers from the device manager and reinstall the drivers and check.

Please click the below link to download the drivers.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/compaq-presario-cq61-400-notebook-pc-series/4074240...

Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.